It’s time to go back to college; our students come back next Monday. I’ve put together some links that will
help ease the stress of writing papers, projects and research assignments for all college students.
- How to Write a Fascinating Thesis Statement, from the website studenthacks.org
- Using the Internet for Research: http://www.internettutorials.net/
- From the blog StudyHacks: Beyond Wikipedia: 15,731,298 References You Can’t Do Without
- The 2008 Statistical Abstract: The National Data Book, from U.S. Census Bureau
- Advice for Students: 10 Steps Towards Better Research, from Lifehack.org, by Dustin Wax
- BrightPlanet: Guide to Effective Searching of the Internet
- Business and Industry Research Guides, Baker Library, Harvard Business School
- FedStats – Federal government statistics
- INFOMINE: Scholarly Internet Resource Collections, from University of California-Riverside
- New York Public Library Science, Industry and Business Research Guides
- The OWL at Purdue: Online Writing Lab
- The Business Writing Center, University of North Carolina
- How Not to Plagiarize – from Lifehack.org, also by Dustin Wax
A few of these are mostly for business students – sorry, I’m a business librarian; I can’t help myself.
Remember, your best friend at paper-writing time is your friendly local college librarian! 🙂
Have a great semester….