First, my compost is finally starting to look like compost. I haven’t put in anything but kitchen scraps for the past three months, and it seems to finally have the right consistency. I guess anything else makes it too dry. It’ll be great to actually have some usable compost.
Second, I went to dump the bell pepper pots in the compost – and two of them were sprouting! Very small, but sprouting nonetheless. The other two still weren’t, so I went ahead and emptied them. I’ll concentrate on the two that are sprouting – if they do well, that’ll be plenty of peppers. (I’ll probably still plant a couple more when I get back from break, just for insurance.)